High-Five!

(Jacob Post)

Over the past few weeks, Stacey and I have started feeling Lonnie's movements from outside her belly. She'll start feeling a few kicks and then call me over to see if I can feel them. It's pretty incredible...but, I'm selfish and I feel like I am stealing her personal moments with our little one.

The other night, old man Deebo woke me up at about 2am to go watch him drink water. When I got back in bed, I reached over and placed my hand on Stacey's stomach...more to just say hello, not really expecting to feel anything in the middle of the night. Then, it happened, I got my own personal high-five. I have to say, even though it was the same movement I have been feeling over the past few weeks, there was something special about knowing I was the only one who could feel it.

No comments