
(Jacob Post)
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new year. 2010 was a good one...we got a new brother-in-law, two new nephews, a new car, and a new family member in the oven. 2011 has it's work cut out for it, but I think it will be a good one too.
I don't know if it was a sign of things to come, but we literally woke up New Year's Eve and Stacey had an official baby bump. It's pretty adorable. I know she doesn't enjoy the feeling of getting bigger each day, but I can't help getting excited every time I see her belly catching up to mine. It means we're that much closer to welcoming our little one into the world...and she's just ridiculously cute with a baby belly.
We rang in the new year with a little help from the Botterman's and a 4-course meal from Meddlesome Moth. The food was delicious, the drinks were good, and the company was pretty. At 10 secs til midnight, the usual countdown began along with the screaming, noise-makers, and all other countdown standards. With about 7 seconds left, the not so usual happened. Little Lonnie started going crazy in her stomach. He/She either hated the noise, wanted to join in the celebration, or was trying to tell us to not have too much fun without'em.
No comments