1 Week Old

Jake and I have been blessed with the sweetest little man.  We are so excited about this phase in our life and can't wait for you all to meet Jack.

Week 1 was filled with many firsts:
  • First car ride...The usual 10 minute drive from the hospital took 30 minutes.
  • First Deebo/Jack meeting...they've become good napping buddies.
  • First walk...it was hot, but Deebo showed Jack all his favorite peeing spots
  • First bath...more to come on that below.
  • First night out...we took him to Hacienda on Henderson for a little mexican food and Modelos.  He gave us a good 45 minutes before we began to bore him and he wanted to go home.
  • First Today Show with Ann Curry as the lead...he hated it just as much as the rest of us.

Some additional highlights from his first week of life...

Jacks birthday.  Don't worry buddy, my hand is strategically placed to keep your modisty.

Should we rename him Dirk?
Swapping stories from the days big event...and we both decided we did not need to go through that again.
Fully strapped in for his adventure home from the hospital.

First Bath...he hated it, but thoroughly enjoyed the duck towel

Some much needed nap time with mom and dad

 Not a bad first week

5 comments

  1. I have really enjoyed y'alls blog. It has been both entertaining and enlightening. Yall did a great job with little Jack and great things are to come. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gene, it has been amazing so far. We can't wait for him to meet you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is perfect! I love him & Deebo napping together. I have the same swaddles...they are the best ever :) So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot get anough of this blog. You have allowed us to share your wonderful journey! Love the pictures, the comments, the humor, all of it. Thank you, thank you,.....keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love them all! He is so darn cute and looks so big already. What a great first week and you both look so amazing (and Jake too). I'm so glad it's going well and can't wait to meet him!
    love, natalie

    ReplyDelete