President's Day Weekend

(Jacob Post)

Even though we actually didn't have President's Day off, it still turned into a pretty busy weekend.

Friday, I met Stacey, Jen and Jedi Jack at the Salt Lick.

























Jack was such a gentleman and held the umbrella for his mother...or he still can't figure out how to let go once he grabs things.

























As usual, I order the all you can eat and take down an entire Pit's worth of BBQ.
























Or, I have officially gotten old and only ordered a single serve BBQ plate because sometimes BBQ is too rich and it makes my tummy hurt.  Thankfully Wiese is not one of our Blog followers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday, I had a Dad/Son day with Jack while Stacey enjoyed a much needed day off.  (Quick side note, for Valentine's Day I gave her a free day where she could get a massage, relax and have a day on the town with Jen.  I gave her a image puzzle that basically works like a bottle cap of a Lone Star and the clues spelled out "Much Needed Break".  Stacey's first response after figuring it out was "Are you breaking up with me?"  Apparently if I were a big enough jerk to break up with my wife and the mother of my child on Valentine's Day through a note, I at least would be creative about it).  Anyway, Jack and I had a great day.

It started off with a little laundry.
























Then we went on a 'hike' through the woods of Belterra.
























When we got home, I took off my backpack, forgetting there was a child in there...don't tell Stacey.
























The long hike worked up such a good appetite, we dined on delicious sweet potatoes.
























Which somehow ended up on Jack's chin, cheeks, nose & eyelid.  Do they make facebibs?
























After such a productive day, we did what any good Pearson would do.
























Thankfully Dad/Son day was really only a half-day and we rejoined the ladies late afternoon.  Cousin Laurel came in town and we all packed up for a slumber party at Jen's house.  On the way over, we got word from our Real Estate broker that the contract we put in on a home had been accepted.  It is a detached, 3-story town home that is still being built, but it's right in the area we wanted to live...around the corner from a drive-thru beer barn and down the street from a gentleman's club.  Otherwise known as a transitioning neighborhood that we're gambling will be well worth the investment in 5-10 years.

Here's the front of our neighbor's house (since ours isn't finished).  Creeping out the neighbor before we move in...good start.
























My favorite part of the house, the kitchen, which is also the one room of the house that is finished.  Decor - shabby chic.
























Stacey's favorite part of the house, the master closet.
Decor - friggin huge.
























More to come, but we are really excited.  Anticipated close date is April 15th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday morning we got up bright and early to head out to the LIVESTRONG 9th mile at the Austin Marathon, to accomplish two things.

1. To cheer on Holly, Caroline and anyone else who happened to run past us.
















































2. To dance our butts off with a little help from LIVESTRONG's DJ



I can't imagine running a marathon because after 3 hours of cheering we were pooped...except for Laurel who can be seen in the background of the pic below still getting her cheer on.
























We wrapped up the day with a delicious brunch at 24 Diner and some much needed mimosas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The holiday weekend was capped off with a cook out over at the Paprocki's where we had a surprise guest...Rob's mom.  It was good to catch up with everyone and see the kids...they were ridiculously cute as always.  Reese was nice enough to share her new ride with Jack.
























Hope everyone had a great weekend as well.

No comments