9 Months

We went to our new pediatrician for your 9 month appointment.  We were referred to Dr. Knapp by Kay and Renee...she is also Ella and Gage's Dr.  She was super informative and helped us hash through all of our food concerns.  Since that appointment we have started lots of new foods which you seem to love.  And lucky for you little man, there were no shots at this appointment. :)


9 Month Stats:
Height - 30 Inches (98%)
Weight - 22 pounds and 8 oz (90%)
Head - many centimeters (off the charts%) - We have to send in your previous head measurements to our new doc to verify you have had a large dome since birth :)

Jack,


It has been an eventful start as we head into your 9th month.  It's almost like you decided to start doing everything right now.  Over the past few months we've been having daily crawling lessons which have been pretty unsuccessful.  You pretty much just sit on all fours and stare at us, the butt starts wiggling and then you dance, no crawling involved.  But one day this week you decided to try this crawling thing out.  I put out the remote control and off you went and crawled right to it.  It was a little wobbly and ended in a crash, but it was impressive none the less.


Jacks Skillz List:
  • You army crawl like its nobody's business.  Little did you know you're accomplishing your first house chore...sweeping the floor.
  • Full on crawling.  You've only done this like 3x.
  • Clicking your tongue.  
  • You say DaDa, but I'm not totally sure you know who your talking about.
  • For dog you say Da...pretty much anything that starts with a D you will chat it up.
  • High Fives.  You love giving 5's, but it happens in uber slow motion.
  • You can wave all by yourself now.  Before we would have to hold up your arm for support.  I know, I know, waving can be tiring.
  • Clapping.  You clap for yourself constantly.  In the middle of your army crawl you will stop to clap and let everyone know what a good job your doing.  
We had our first huge thunderstorm and the thunder was sooo LOUD.  I thought it would scare you to death.  I look down to check on you and see you dancing away.  Just one more beat to move to.


I had a bachelorette party in NYC this past weekend which was my first time to be away from you for this long.  It was tough leaving the house for the airport, but everyone sent me lots of pics over the weekend so I knew you were having fun.  I will say times have changed...this was the first bachelorette party where I had to go home before we hopped on a party bus so I could pump.  hehe!  We had a blast in NYC getting Kristina ready for her upcoming nuptials, and we are beyond excited for the wedding in New Orleans in a few weeks!








1 comment

  1. Stacey...when Ben was also about 9 months I also had my first bachelorette party. And I, too, had to run back to my hotel room (We were in Atlantic City) and pump! It was ridiculous! By the time I got back downstairs, everyone was so wasted and wanted to go to bed. Hahahah! So I feel your pain...times have changed :)

    Jack is adorable.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete