SXSW 2012

Pics from a few of the SXSW events and showcases we attended.  This year was a total blast!!

First stop was the Entertainment Weekly Party to see Delta Spirit. 




Jack getting squinched up by a few of Spencer's old friends at the Texas Music Magazine event.










Friday night Jack and I stayed in while Jen and Jacob went out for some shows.  We crashed at Aunt Jenny's, her apartment is right above Icenhaurers, and we could still hear The Cool Kids jamming.  Jack danced his butt off!!
While Jack and I had our night in, I was listening to the live music from Jen's apartment and FREAKED when I heard Kanye and Jay-Z singing down below.  I ran to the balcony only to realize it wasn't them...only the house music playing in between sets.  HAHA



Saturday morning we walked downtown to listen to some random music, participate in an excessive amount of food snacking and to enjoy a few mimosas.




Later that night grandma and grandpa babysat while we headed to the UT Campus to the Myspace event to see Mumford & Sons.  I am pretty much OBSESSED with them now!!
LOVE!

We got to see a lot of other bands this year that were pretty cool, and some were well...strange.  I will have to say I'm definitely getting older.  All the good bands pretty much start at midnight and I don't think I'll be able to do that multiple nights in a row next year.  I'm old!! 

No comments