Delbert - 28 Week


Momma is:  Shocked I'm in the 3rd trimester and have less than 3 months till baby!!  So some of my friends, who do not see me every day, were saying how small my bump looked.  They could have just been being nice to a pregnant lady or my last few weeks of pictures have not accurately depicted whats happening in the belly area.  I took a belly pic, but I still need to find a better background since it's a little dark.  The face is a bonus for Jake...he kept telling me I looked asleep in my previous pictures so this is what happens when I'm trying to keep my eyes wide open. :)  So the bump is definitely sizable and I'm only about 8 lbs from my total weight gain with Jack and still have about 3 months yet to go.  I'm obviously going to go over what I weighed with Jack, especially with all the upcoming holiday parties and festivities, but hopefully not too much.  It says most women gain about 10 to 11 lbs in the 3rd trimester...guess we will see!  I blame the extra weight on the morning sickness and having to eat constantly to keep from puking.  boo!!

Dad was:  Out of town in Phoenix this week and we are very happy to have him back!  We missed him like crazy.  Also, DeeBo scares the crap out of me when Jacob is away.  I think Deebs is always expecting Jacob to walk in the door, so at every single little tiny noise he hears he will bark at the door like crazy.  This barking makes me think someone is outside trying to attack us.  Let's just say we all sleep better when dad is home!

Jack is:  Having a blast!  He is loving all his classes at MyGym and Kindermusik and we have recently started him at a 2-day a week preschool program.  The teachers really love him and they tell us he is doing great!  He's still getting used to the pick up and drop off.  
Sometimes at pick up he will be like this...

And other days he will be like this...

But the car ride home always ends up like this...


Delbert is:   Very active and last HB was 130 bpm.  Birdie seems to keep kicking me in the exact same place every day.  It's gotten to the point where that area of my stomach is sore and every time I get a kick there it makes me say "OW" out loud, which is awesome when I'm standing next to a stranger and they look at my like I'm crazy. :)

This week:  Baby can blink his eyes which now sport lashes.  With eyesight developing, baby may be able to see the light that filters in through the womb.  Baby is also developing billions of neurons in the brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. 


No comments