Mini Baby Moon

Jake and I wanted to take another baby moon this time before our new little bundle arrived, but before we knew it, it was already too late for me to get on a plane.  We also decided we wanted to save our next trip for when I'm not 8 mo preggers and can actually participate in things instead of having to rest every 15 min to catch my breath.  ha!  So instead of a tropical vaca this time, we decided to do a little weekend getaway at the fabulous hotel Makora in San Antonio.  The hotel was on the Riverwalk, but I think we only went down there once.  And of course while we were walking along the Riverwalk they were filming Americas Got Talent.  We had no time to get out of the way...we just saw this guy walking towards us and he said "Were filming Americas Got Talent...act natural".  um, ok.  With no time to react or put on my sunglasses, here comes the camera.  The time I really REALLY didn't want to be on TV was when I am giant as a house with no makeup on.  o well.  Maybe that group will get cut.  ha!

We did a whole lot of nothing which was really nice.  I had a spa day on Saturday which included this amazing 80 min massage by a miracle woman.  I've been feeling really great this pregnancy except for my right hip.  It's gotten to where I can't really stand on my right leg for very long...so strange.  Anywho this woman worked my leg, tukas and hip to where I felt like I could run a marathon after the massage was over.  I almost hugged her.

While I was spa'ing Jake went to the Alamo since he had never been.


We ate at some really great places and had lots of delicious food.  Our favorite place was called Bliss.  They had a fun backyard with a huge fire pit.  All of a sudden after our appetizer it decided to get like 10 degrees cooler so they brought us these fancy blankets.  Then the wind kicked up Jake's allergies so we thought the outside was not working well for us so we headed in before our entrees arrived.  

It was a great and super restful weekend and it was actually really nice to only be an hour away from home and not have to worry about flying or messing with a rental car.  We had a really great weekend!!  A HUGE thanks to Papa Doug and Honey for watching Jack for us!!!

1 comment

  1. I was ENTIRELY my pleasure....feel free to get away anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete