This part is really random, but last week they were filming a movie on South Congress called Chef...I think that is the name. Anywho, its a Jon Favreau movie with Scarlett Johansen, Robert Downey Jr., Sofia Vergara and Dustin Hoffman. They set up shop in the parking lot at Jacks school since they were filming across the street. I would go to pick Jack up each day and then see some sort of movie prop and think, "o crap, I am not even wearing any makeup and today will be my Robert Downey Jr day!" Lucky for me and my no makeup face, there were no celebrity sightings, but it was fun for Jack to see all the movie stuff when he got out of school
Wednesday was Aunt Jenny's birthday, so we all met up at Bangers down on Rainey Street to celebrate with friends.
Friday night Jacob and I had tickets to the Oddball Comedy Festival at Circuit of the Americas. Flight of the Conchords and Dave Chappelle were the main acts and they were pretty hilarious. But Hannibal Buress was my favorite...he was soo funny!! I laughed so hard, I had to stop smiling and rest my cheeks after his set.
Saturday we lounged around at the pool and Sunday morning we headed up to the Muellers Farmers Market.
Jack patiently waiting for his free sample.
Jack patiently waiting for his free sample.
Jack really loved this pop, but in hindsight, I wish we would have given him some sort of napkin. It was windy and hot so we had his grape popsicle meltings all over our legs and feet.
That night, Honey was sweet enough to watch the boys for us. We rented a boat out on Lady Bird Lake for a Jennifer birthday/sunset/bat watching cruise.
Had to make sure we were prepared for our 7 person - 2 hour boat ride!
The bats...for those of you that don't know, Austin has this weird bat population that hides under the S. Congress bridge until 7:30 at night and then all 500 kabillion of them fly out all at once. It's so crazy because this bridge is packed every night with tourists to watch them. It was pretty cool!
And Monday, Clive and I finally had our first class alone. Well there were other little kiddos in the class, but Jack was at school, so it was just the two of us. I took Jack to this storytime at the library when he was little and he loved it, and I think Clive did too. I think he's still a little young to get into stuff like this though...I can tell because he didn't even notice when the bubbles came out. Sheesh!

Wow! What a fun week!
ReplyDelete