(Jacob Post)
Stacey and I have been married for 5 years as of Friday, October 24th. We celebrated by Stacey leaving me to care for both boys while she went out and partied on South Congress with Laura Terry. That sounds about right after 5 years.
Thankfully we had a second chance to celebrate and took full advantage this past Saturday. We dropped both boys off with Honey (thanks mom!) and headed down to San Antonio. We met up with Stacey's cousin Laurel and her fiance for a quick lunch and then made our way to the JW Marriott. The aforementioned Laurel actually works at the JW Marriott and to our surprise upgraded the budget room I reserved to the beautiful suite you see below.
Which had a nice view of the resort grounds.
We were really tempted to just take a 24 hour nap in our own separate beds, but decided to make our way down to the pool instead.
People say playing golf is a great way to relax. Sitting in a pool watching people play golf is pretty great as well.
After the pool time, we went back to the room and Stacey gave me my gift.
If you are not aware, the theme for your 5-year anniversary is Wood. Stacey was on it and gave me a local Austin Bourbon that had been aged in Oak barrels and gave it to me in a handmade wooden box (which I can neither confirm nor deny that I am drinking as I type this). She also had a really sweet note with a lot of wood puns. No dirty ones, so keep your head out of the gutter.
I also thought through the wood theme and bought Stacey a necklace. No, not a wooden necklace, but one I bought with money...that came from paper...which comes from trees...which are made of wood.
Except, crap, I paid with a credit card...anyway, here's the necklace.
Afterwards, Stacey headed off to the spa for her 80-min massage. She originally offered to get us a couples massage, but I passed because I'm not that big of a fan when it comes to massages. That's what I said at least. I really just wanted to sit in the room and watch college football with the TV on mute and enjoy the peace and quiet. (Stacey, if you're reading this, I'm sorry).
We ended the night with an excellent Steak dinner followed by some time by the outdoor fire pit and were both asleep by 10pm...which was glorious.
One of God's more cruel jokes is he (or she) does not allow you to sleep in after 7a once you have kids. The good news is since we turned our clocks back an hour we got to enjoy a pretty incredible sunrise.
Then off to hit some practice balls with a few bloody mary's in hand.
Sadly our getaway ended as quickly as it began and we headed back to pick up the boys...who clearly had a great time playing at Honey's house.














Happy (belated) Anniversary!!!
ReplyDelete