My birthday morning started off with me folding two massive loads of clothes...it was a little sad. I was a little worried for my day. Then things turned around as soon as I headed out to get my hair done. Jake was also sweet enough to stop and get me breakfast tacos even though we were in a serious time crunch to make my appointment on time.
My sweet hairdresser fixed me up with some cute and curly birthday hair!
Jen came and got me from my appointment and we walked to Easy Tiger and met Jake and the boys for lunch. I have zero pictures because I was too busy stuffing my face with pretzels and beer cheese!
Jen offered to watch the boys for us while Jake and I had a date night. We were supposed to stay at her condo for the night, then she handed me her birthday gift of a night at the new Hotel Van Zandt on Rainey Street. The hotel is pretty amazing! Thanks Jenny!!
Jake and I headed up to the Van Zandt pool for a few drinks and a dip! A real close up picture of us...
and a stock photo of the pretty pool!
For dinner Jake planned a month ahead and got us tickets to a pretty much private sushi dinner with 22 courses at Paul Qui's restaurant Otoko
We got to have pre-drinks at a private bar just for Otoko guests
This is Chef Yoki Okai...he was awesome!
Flute fish hehe!
He only served 4 people at a time and we had a waiter per couple
We had some pretty amazing sushi and dishes. Also a few squishy things like sea urchin that was pretty adventurous...not sure I need that one again. Overall it was an amazing meal and I was beyond full by the last 4 courses!
Sunday we headed out to Top Golf for a birthday celebration with my family!
It was a fantastic birthday and thanks to everyone for making it so special!!










No comments