(Jacob Post)
We went in for our 2nd appointment today and were able to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was pretty incredible. Somehow hearing the heartbeat made this seem a lot more real.
The machine they use is called a Doppler...who knew that the same system that could tell us today's chance for precipitation could also give us the opportunity to hear the rapid beats of life of our new creation. I assume there are a lot of scientific differences in the machines that are used for each, but it would be pretty cool if they could do both at the same visit. "150 bpm, sounds healthy, oh, and you're going to need this umbrella". Anyway...
We were only able to listen for about 5 seconds, but according to the Dr. everything sounded as it should. Unfortunately they listen to what they need to and then stop...no listening for entertainment purposes I guess.
Oh, the accompanying pic is us in front of the hospital after our visit and was taken by the nice parking attendant...I'm smiling and Stacey's giving the thumbs up which is the universal sign for we're happy and everything went well.
No comments