Week 24

Baby's growing steadily…my giant protruding belly is confirmation of that. Lonnie should be about just over a pound and almost a foot long (about the length of an ear of corn). His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent (ew), but that will start to change soon.

I had a check-up last week where the doctor measured my stomach. Baby is growing right on track and heart beat was 140 BPM.


Jake and I got a fun surprise visit from Kristina and Jon this last weekend. Jon was able to score tix to the Super Bowl, so they came to stay with us for the weekend. They arrived in D-town Saturday night and we headed straight for the House of Blues for an AT&T Super Bowl party where Drake performed and wait for it…a guest appearance from Naughty By Nature. It was amazing!! We had such a great time while they were here and sounds like they had a blast at the Super Bowl. Deebo looooves himself some Kristina and is going to be soo sad when she leaves. I'm sure he will be pouting in protest for the next few days. :(


More pics from the weekend to come.

1 comment

  1. Wow... Drake AND Naughty By Nature?!?! AMAZING!! I'm glad you got to see Jon and Kristina. How fun! And of course I am SO happy everything is going great with little Lonnie. EWWW.. translucent skin...

    ReplyDelete