Week 30


(Jacob Post)

Week 30 was capped off with a busy weekend. Stacey's parents came up Friday to spend a little time with her while I made a day trip down to Austin to spend a little time with Jen, a group of her friends, some Korean street tacos, several thousand hipsters, a fried chicken trailer, a few SXSW bands, and a sassy/indecisive pedicab driver.

I came back early on Saturday because we had an appointment for a 3D sonogram that Ben & Kori had very nicely given to us. We took Stacey's parents and met my mom, Ben, & Kori there. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I at least knew it would give us another chance to peek in at what Lonnie was up to. Overall the experience was really cool. We were able to get some sneak peeks at what features Lonnie was going to get from Mom & Dad. The most interesting was that instead of taking my nose or Stacey's nose, it appears our two noses merged into one uber nose (as seen in the accompanying pics below). The sonogram technician said a lot of features will look swollen, but they kind of have to say that. The technician also said Lonnie was very well behaved and extremely photogenic. A few more gifts from Dad :)

After the sonogram, we had a great lunch with everyone followed by a trip to the Texas Motor Speedway for a Hot Rod show. Doug and Judy took their '34 Ford, Ruby, which is the pretty lady seen above with Stacey. It was a beautiful day and we saw some incredible cars. I also learned 2 very important life lessons: 1) You don't have to be handicapped or old to use a motorized power scooter, and 2) If you ever want to make a woman who is 30-weeks pregnant feel like she has a small stomach, take her to a car show in Texas.

All of this while Lonnie continues to beef up. Other than gaining weight, there is not a lot of change this week. From what I've heard, this may be the case for the short time we have left. Unfortunately for Stacey I think the weeks remaining will have more impact on her than on the baby. She has been amazing so far. Besides some occasional soreness she has not had any complications, physical or emotional...I am extremely grateful for both.


No comments