Jake is always the BEST when it comes to celebrating special occasions. Saturday was my birthday and he did not disappoint! Everything planned for my day he kept top secret, which is fun, but it also makes it difficult to find something to wear. :) I walked into the kitchen Saturday morning to a cup of my favorite coffee, a delicious blueberry muffin and a bunch of little presents all with a clock on them. The gifts were time sensitive so I wasn't able to open them until it was the time on the gift.
Luckily for me it was 10 am...time for my first present. He bought me a rose gold watch that I've had my eye on for a while now. I LOVE it! His plan was to give me my watch first so that I was able to tell what time to open all of my boxes the rest of the day. Unfortunately it was a link too big and I didn't want to get it all banged up, so he stayed in the box.
Then we were off to Janene's house. She was sweet enough to babysit Jack and Deebs so we could have a day together sans baby and dog. My second box I opened at 11:30 and was a hint to where we were headed next. Lunch at Joe T. Garcias...I've never been before and we always talked about going. It was a beautiful day yesterday, perfect for some Mexican food and Modelos out on the patio.
Lunch was so delicious. As soon as we were finishing our fajitas at Joe T's it hit 1:00...time to open another box! Inside were Rangers tickets. woot! I love baseball, but it's been difficult for us to make it to many games this year with our new little addition. We had great seats in left field right behind Mr. Hamilton.
We had to leave the game in the 8th inning, down by 1, to make our dinner reservation on time. Jake knows how much I hate leaving ballgames early, but this time I was ok with it since it meant there was another box waiting for me to open on the car ride home. :) 6:00 The box I opened included an adorable shirt that he bought for me to wear to dinner. After getting ready we went back to downtown Ft. Worth to eat at a place called Ellerbe Fine Foods. Ellerbe's is a southern farm to market type cuisine and was named one of the top 10 new restaurants in America by Bon Appetit magazine. I ordered a yummy steak and Jake had the roasted pork short rib with bacon and pecan praline crust, pepper jack grits and a bourbon glace. Mine was really really really good, but I pretty much shoved it aside so I could eat more of his short ribs...they were amazing!
After I blew out my birthday candle I got my last box...Jake was going to take me to see the movie One Day. This movie is an uber chick flick for those of you not familiar with it. It's based on a book I had read in book club and was anxious to see it. Granted I thought the book was horrible until the last 10 pages, which is pretty much how the movie went too. ha!
Jake planned an amazing birthday and I am so lucky to have such great guys in my life that are so sweet to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments