Colorado Part Deux

(Jacob Post)

The second half of our Colorado trip took us to Denver.  So, the three of us hopped back in the car for the two hour drive and headed to the land of microbreweries, the Rocky Mountains and Tim Tebow.  We checked-in and  immediately went to lunch at a local pub and enjoyed some of the finest local brews, which led to...

The best elevator ride ever!  (We promise, Jack was not served)

The next day we took advantage of some warmer weather and headed to the Denver Zoo.  Which just happens to be the fourth most popular zoo in the nation...kind of a big deal. 

Nevermind...THIS is the best elevator ride ever
Jack and Stacey checking out one of the Grizzlies

I still think we could have given a better effort if Jack would have let me pull harder.

All-in-all, we had a great time at the "enver oo"

That evening we went to a local raw bar in Larimer Square.  We dined on some oysters, crab/avocado salad & some delicious sushi with a wasabi foam.  
   
Jack was ID'd at the door, but once they saw his cardigan we were let right in.

They also served some fun cocktails that did their part to warm us up for the walk home.


On Wednesday, we headed back to Pueblo.  We made a quick pitstop in Colorado Springs to meet Doug & Judy at the Garden of the Gods for a picnic.


After lunch, we decided to test our luck on the local trails.


After getting lost about 3x in the first 5 minutes, we decided to just walk on the road.
Our destination was Balanced Rock, where Stacey and I did our part to keep the thing balanced..with our giant heads

Here's to farmer tans!!

It seriously was a perfect day to be out in the mountains with the little man.


Back in Pueblo, we all went out to dinner at a local italian restaurant.  This was my second trip to the Pueblo area and I have to admit, it has some of the best food.
Who wouldn't be happy after some ravioli and meatballs?
 On Thursday, we all went over to Warren and Shirley's (Stacey's aunt & uncle) for the traditional Thanksgiving dinner.  I don't even need the turkey, I'd be fine with just the sweet potatoes, rolls, dressing, deviled eggs and pie.  Don't get me wrong, I ate my share of turkey, but it was really just an excuse to go get more sides.  We didn't get any pictures, but Stacey's cousin Jay and his wife also came over with their two little girls, Cashley and Mattie.  They were really adorable.  They also brought me a Cowboy's win, so I was happy.

After we escaped the food coma, we made the trek to West Pueblo where I got to meet a lot of Stacey's extended family.  It was a quick visit, but it was nice to finally meet everyone that I hadn't met.

That evening, Stacey and I made the decision to try our first Black Friday after realizing we had nothing else to due at 12am the day after Thanksgiving.  Our "let's just go check it out, we'll probably find something" turned into "I just waited in a line of 400 people, stepped over throwup, elbowed a little kid...we're leaving here with something".  It actually wasn't that bad.  It was ridiculously crowded, but everyone was really friendly and we walked away with some good deals.

Target...Pueblo, CO...12:22am. 

We had the perfect cure for post-thanksgiving/Black Friday shopping: Sloppers & Tractor school.  I'm not sure if you are familiar with what a Slopper is, but keep an eye out for Food Wars on the Travel channel.  They did an episode on Sloppers in Pueblo.  The battle was between Gray's Coors Tavern and Sunset Inn.  Sunset Inn won on the show, but the Slopper was invented at Gray's Coors and that is where the Chambers go for Sloppers, so that is where we went.  We also went last year and they were delicious, so I had to go again.


Jack was so excited about his first slopper, he closed his eyes, slowed his breathing and didn't really move for about 45 minutes.

The Slopper:  Open faced burger, two patties, topped with Green Chile sauce, onions and fries.  Oh, and everything is better with ketchup.

Jack test driving his first tractor, a John Deere from Uncle Warren and Aunt Shirley.

After a few lessons, we hopped on Doug's tractor with the help of Tom, Judy's cousin who also farm's Grandma Edith's land.

Even with a few lessons, I rode along with Jack on his first tractor ride.
Thankfully no one was coming because I wasn't real sure how to brake.  Seriously, did you know Tractors don't have peddles?


Everyone needs a little cuddle time after some tractoring.  I was in Doug's lap taking this picture.

Sadly all vacations come to an end.  It was great week.  A few pics from the drive home:




1 comment