NY Trip for Ilyse and Brian's Wedding

Jake and I just got back from an awesome trip to the East Coast for Ilyse and Brian's wedding.  We had such a great time and got to see a ton of our favorite people.  It was a crazy busy so I'll give you a brief summary in pics. 


Friday night we met up with Kristina, Jon, Katie, Matt, Eli, Laura for a yummy dinner at Extra Virgin.  Well, Eli left early to go eat on a whole hog.  And we also got to briefly visit with Lisa and Jay on the street as they were headed to Lombardi's.  

Before dinner Jake and I got to the Village a little early so we had a pre drink while we waited for everyone at Swine.  Yes - I had A glass of wine and it was delicious!

 Jacobs face of notsureapproval

 Dinner was a lot of fun and it's always a good time catching up since us girls live all over the place.  After dinner we headed for post drinks at some place with a fish in the name I think...Slithering Fish?  I don't know, but I DO know it's a Wisconsin bar :)

A very hydrated Laura and Stacey and a sort of semi photobomb by Matt.

Sadly I didn't really take any pictures on Friday night of the girls and husbands. Boo!

We stayed in Brooklyn that night with the Terry family.  That morning Eli, Franny and Jake went to go get us pregnant ladies the best donuts known to man...Peter Pan donuts.  OMG amazing!!  They are so good that there was an article written in the Gothamist where Tina Fey talks about how she would like to violate these donuts.  HA.  I will write no more since it's way beyond inappropriate...funny, but inappropriate.  Let's just say they are delicious and we always make sure to send the boys out for some when we are in town.  Thanks Guys!

Ben all decked out for the TX/OU game.


Meanwhile back in TX Jack is learning how to drive a hot rod.


At the UT halftime Jake and I left Brooklyn to meet the rest of the crew at Grand Central to hop on a train to White Plains.  Ilyse and Brian's wedding was at a beautiful venue called CV Rich Mansion.  The wedding was so pretty and Ilyse looked amazing!!  I couldn't be happier for these two...they are such a fun couple. 





Sunday morning we hit up the wedding brunch to say goodbye to the happy couple...they are off to South Africa for their honeymoon.  We grabbed some coffee and headed out to meet Brian and Jillian who I became friends with years ago when we all worked together at Conde Nast. 

Jillian is absolutely a fabulous friend and I wish we lived closer.  boo! 
Now I know stripes is always a bad wardrobe decision for a pregnant person.


After our brunch Jillian and her husband were sweet enough to take us to the train station so we coud make our way to CT to see Angela and Jeff.


Meanwhile back in TX Jack is having a blast and enjoying cupcakes with Gage, Ella, Kay and Honey.


Waiting at our train transfer in Harlem


Once we got to CT, Jeff and Angela took us around their cute new town and then we had a yummy pizza dinner.  The pizza place was delicious, but they need to work on their portion size descriptions on their menus...a large is usually not something that feeds 15-20.

Biggest salad known to man

Regular pizzas which in real life were GIANT!  After the 4 of us were done eating we still took home an entire pizza.

The hugest tiraMIsu dessert


Meanwhile back in TX a weekend full of grandparent fun was starting to wear our little man out!


Monday morning we woke up still freakishly full.  Sadly Jeff had to work, so we missed hanging out with him.  

One of the things I had always wanted to do while we lived on the East Coast was go apple picking.  Jake and I never made it while we lived there, so out of curiosity I googled apple picking and like 10 places showed up near Angela and Jeff's house.  woohoo!

As soon as we got to Avril Farms we purchased some apple picking fuel...Apple Cider donuts.  Amazeballs!  Yes, I am aware our trip does seem a little donut heavy, but I'm pregnant so lay off me :)


Then off to pick some apples.  Apparently there are apples that are better for eating and those that are better for cooking.  Luckily they had the isles and rows all mapped out for us and we started our pickin'!



We ended up bringing a half peck home with us to TX which equates to a crap load of apples.  We have plans this weekend to make pies and lots of apple themed things.


Jack was also pretty happy about our apple loot!


The weekend was a blast and we got to see a great couple get married all while spending time with a lot of fun friends!!

We really missed our little dude and were very happy to finally get to see Jack Monday night. A huge huge thanks to Honey, Grandma Judy and Papa Doug for watching him while we were gone...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!  Jack is very lucky to have such amazing grandparents.

No comments