I told him we had a date night planned and Aunt Jenny was going to babysit. She came over around 1:30 and we headed over to the Horseshoe Lounge to have a few beers and hang out. This place is a famous dive bar in Austin and we had never been. A lot of the coaches bar scenes from Friday Night Lights were filmed here, so it was fun to go there and check it out. It was super divvy but the bartender was really nice and well, there aren't too many patrons at 1p so we got the royal dive bar treatment.
Koozies for our can beers
Free quarters for the pool table
He personally sanded down the shuffleboard table for us...I mean the works ;)
We had fun just hanging out. During our time out I was texting and Jake asked who I was texting, so I felt this was a good time to plant the seed of why we were going to have to leave soon. I told him Jen just texted and said our lights were flickering. He was concerned a bit and suggested after our beer, lets call Jen and see if she needed us to stop by home really quick and check it out. Perfect!
We leave the bar, give Jen a call and she tells Jake that she thinks we blew a fuse and we better come home. We get home and start to head in when Jack opens the front door revealing his party people. Jacob was definitely surprised, but I think he was more relieved he didn't have to deal with a blown fuse. ha!
Rob walked in right behind us.
Louie Mueller BBQ was brought in for our dinner. We had their beef ribs at the Food & Wine Festival and Jake has been wanting to try this place for a while.
The beef ribs are HUGE. It looked like we were having dinosaur.
It was a fun afternoon!








No comments