Clive Time: Bye Bye Bottle!

While on vacation Clive's bottle took a major turn for the worst. The top of the nipple had completely broken off. Luckily we made it through the 12 hour drive home, but we decided it was time to kick the habit.

Yesterday after school he came home and asked for his bottle. I told him it was broken and then little man shed some serious tears...it was like I hurt his feelings. I kept telling him it was broken and then offered him milk in a Lightening McQueen cup. He didn't immediately throw it back at my face which is a giant step. I then told him that we could trade in his broken bottle at the toy store for a new toy and he started to perk up a little. He still sniffled through asking me if he could get a new car. Cute little guy! 

After dinner Clive and I went to Toys R Us with bottle in hand.

He searched every aisle pretty throughly. I told him he could get any car he wanted, then got a little worried he would make it to the back of the store where they keep the giant ride-in motorized cars.

Finally he found the die cast hot rods and the decision was made. He found two he really liked and was ready to go!

We got to the check out and I asked the cashier if he had a trash can...he held it out and Clive chunked his bottle right in there. We waved goodbye to his bottle and then he was ready to take his new cars home.

Quick ride with Elmo and then we were out the door!

The best part was when we got home Clive voluntarily walked up and gave Jack one of his hot rods....so cute! Jack was really pumped and we were in shock!
Sweet boys! 

It hasn't been that long, but so far so good. He's only asked for his bottle once and we told him it was broken and we threw it away and he seems to be ok with it. We shall see!

1 comment

  1. Poor little guy. That's a seriously pitiful little face.....and then happy! How precious to share!

    ReplyDelete