ACL Weekend

Friday afternoon I met with Honey and she was kind enough to take the boys for the weekend, then me and Deebs headed to Jennifer's house. Jen was out of town so she let us stay downtown at her place.

Wiese flew in Friday afternoon and I dropped the boys off at Black's BBQ for lunch then they headed to the festival. I worked Friday then ubered my way over after.

Friday was a great night of music. Foo Fighters were the headliners. I'm not really a huge fan, but I heard they were fun to see live. We must have come at a weird time during the set because...well they were NOT good. We decided to bail on the Foo and head back to Rainey street for Detroit pizza, VIA 313, at Craft Pride

I thought the boys would stay out late, but everyone came back early with me. We all crashed, but were up Saturday ready to play some golf and catch the UT/OU game at Top Golf. 

After a few games we were off to the festival. woo!
 

Glass Animals were pretty rad!

We have been doing this festival with Wiese for a few years now and this picture is a perfect description of how we do ACL. I sit, Jake takes off his shoes and does this and Wiese makes sure we are all hydrated...with beer. 

Another fantastic part about ACL is the people watching. I mean did this girl just decide she couldn't pants today??
 

A$AP Rocky was good, but this guy who LOVED A$AP Rocky was waayyy more fun to watch. I had to cut the video down a bit, but he's still rocking some pretty great moves!

And then there is this guy who loves every second of ACL!!
Night two we found ourselves back at Craft Pride for more VIA 313...the pizza is amazing! Post pizza and beer I went home to crash and the boys made it out to a few bars.

Sunday we headed to the Tavern for lunch and to watch a few NFL games. Then we picked up the boys to take them to ACL. They were a bit crazy, but once we got to the festival they fit right in.
 

It was starting to get dark and the boys were loosing juice. Jack kept asking me to buy glow sticks for them, but this is not Disney on Ice. So I told him lets walk around all the shops and if you see some I'll buy it for you, knowing full well they don't sell that kind of stuff. Low and behold I see a cashier with like ten of them in her hands...Jack and I pretty much stared at her until it was uncomfortable and she was sweet enough to give one to Jack and send another for his brother. PHEW!

We were ok if the boys were tired and wanted to go home, but those glow sticks gave them new life! We were going to make it to see the Sunday night headliner...The Weekend. And he was AWESOME! And as a bonus for the boys there were fireworks like two songs in. Perfect!

We left a little early to avoid the huge crowds with the boys. The best thing about ACL is that there is a noise ordinance for Zilker Park and the music stops pretty early, so at the end of the day it wasn't THAT late for the boys. We were all still a little hungry so we got a little grub at Torchy's Taco Truck.

It was a really FUN ACL weekend, and we are ready to buy wristbands for next year on Tuesday...woohoo!!





No comments