This week baby's fat layers, which will help regulate body temperature once he is born, are filling out making him rounder. I can attest to this. My stomach feels huuuuge and my belly button is at a point of no return. Well I hope it does return, but that ain't happening until this little one is out.
Baby's skin is also smoother than ever and the central nervous system is maturing and the lungs are continuing to mature as well.
This weekend Jake and I had our tour at the hospital. They showed us where to check in, delivery rooms, post delivery rooms and where the family and friends will be waiting. I am glad we went on the tour, I do feel a bit more prepared. I thought Jake and I waited until the last minute to get this done, but there were definitely some much bigger bellies then mine there...some ladies were even in wheelchairs.
We just tested out our 17th wives tale to try and determine the sex. We tied Jake's ring to a strand of my hair then hung it over the belly. If it swings back and forth it's a boy and if it swings in a circle you're having a girl. It's pretty much impossible to keep your hand still while doing this, so we've decided this test is inconclusive...or I'm having twins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments