Pearson Family Week

(Jacob Post)

This past week was chock full of Pearson family time. On Thursday, Stacey and I hosted Family Dinner night and celebrated Benj's & Angela's birthdays. Yes, they were born in March, but we like to catch people of guard by celebrating a month later. For dinner, Stacey and I made a pork/asparagus stir fry that we found in Bon Appetit (www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/04/spicy_pork_with_asparagus_and_chile). I am probably bias, but it was pretty delicious. After dinner, we celebrated with some dessert, a few presents, and 6 adults sitting around staring at Rhone, waiting for him to entertain us...which he of course did.

On Saturday, I went up to Frisco and played a round of golf with Benj and his buddy Sam. This was the first time I have beaten my brother in a long time (maybe ever). Sadly, it was because he stooped to playing at my level instead of me stepping up and playing at his. My high from winning was quickly taken away from me when I came home to watch the recording of the debacle that was the Mavs game.

The weekend was capped off today with visits from two of my favorite people: my mom and the Easter Bunny. While I did not actually see the Easter Bunny, I knew he was here by the delectable treats he left for me (thanks Stace!). My mom came up to go to Easter Service with us. After church, we went to eat breakfast at a place called Mecca (http://themeccarestaurant.com/) I have been wanting to try this place ever since reading an article about the top 50 things to do for any Dallasan...Dallasite...Dallasonian...anyone living in Dallas. Eating a cinnamon roll from Mecca was on this list. There are only two words that I can use to describe this experience: "See Below".

Honey and Rhone at Family Dinner

Pork Asparagus Stir Fry

Biggest Cinnamon Roll Ever!!

No comments