Mother's Day

I was treated to a pretty awesome mother's day.  Jacob woke up with Clive bright and early and took him downstairs.  I came down and our kitchen table was wrapped in plastic and had a cute present sitting on the end waiting for me. 

Jack is a bit of a late sleeper so Clive and I killed time with some coffee and milk on the patio while Jacob made me a pre breakfast appetizer.

salmon, cream cheese, cherry tomatoes and capers...YUM!

Finally Jack woke up and the boys painted me a mothers day silhouette picture.  It really is the sweetest thing.   

 Jack's medium was monster trucks and paint. So cute!

They were masterpieces in my book!  Jacob framed them for me.

Then Jacob made the boys, from scratch, Belgium waffles (which you have to start making the night before).  He's a pretty fantastic cook!

Then he made me a salmon egg scramble.

After breakfast we headed to church, green paint and all, then to brunch at my parents house. Jen and I made some sweet and savory casseroles, sausage balls and fruit salad...oh and a few mimosas.  I have ZERO pics of this event.  Guess I had one too many mimosa. :)  Thank goodness Jacob was paying attention and snagged a few for us!

Jack practicing his baseball skills with Pappa Doug so he can go pro one day and be able to let his momma retire and travel around to make sure I catch all those baseball games.  So thoughtful.

I am very appreciative of the fabulous mother's day!  Even a day without having to change a diaper in my book is a pretty great day ;)  

And thank you to the sweet mothers in my life!  Obviously the most important is my own mother of course, but also the other mothers along the way from a certain lady in Indian Shores, my grandmothers, my fabulous mother in law and sisters in law, and some of my girlfriend mommys...all have made impressions and set amazing examples to follow.

3 comments

  1. So cute! Love the silhouette art - totally stealing that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!! Happy (belated) Mother's Day!! You're a wonderful mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Ange...you are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete