Adiós Chupete

Jack LOVES his pacifier! We have tried on many occasions to get rid of it, but eventually give in because he seriously loves it. He would sneak a paci and hide in a corner of a room all by himself just sucking away trying to get in as much paci time as he could until we find him to take it away. 

We also weren't super strict about it, because giving him a paci at night makes bed time easier for us. In no time he can soothe himself into a nice little slumber.  The only problem is he loves it so much that he becomes a monster when it's time to put it away in the mornings...it was not worth the battle.

So I made a deal with Jack that he could trade all of his pacis in for ANYTHING he wanted at the store. You know what this kid chose? A piñata...yep a dinosaur piñata he happened to see the last time we were at Target. Random, but OK!

I picked Jack up from school prepping him that today was the day we were going to trade in his pacifiers for his piñata and he was pretty pumped.

I can't imagine dino piñatas are a huge seller at Target, but I knew when we went last week there was only one, and I was worried it would be gone and would foil my master plan.

Phew!!

I had to grab a few things while we were there so I managed to sneak some candy and toys in our cart so that I could fill up this guy before Jack busted into it. I wasn't totally sure what his plans for this piñata were at first. Then we got in the car and he asked for a stick so he could hit it. This kid knows what he's doing.

I made sure Jack physically handed over the paci's to the cashier so he knew he traded them in and they were now only at the store and not our house. It was thoroughly confusing to our cashier at first, but the dude eventually caught on as I was talking to Jack and he managed to just drop the bag of paci's back into our grocery sack.

Jack inspecting his dino to make sure he got the one filled with candy and toys.

Ready for a stick to beat this mutha down!
It seems as though our trade was successful. Who knows how this will go after the dino is no more.

1 comment

  1. Haha! That is so cute! What a great idea! Good trade, Jack!!

    ReplyDelete