Thanksgiving...Oh and Spud Webb!!

Since we were heading to Dallas for Thanksgiving the Speredith family came to Austin a day early so we could see them. Just a normal quiet evening with cousins.

The next day we headed up to Pops and Granny's house for the night then Thanksgiving lunch at Mimi and Papa's. 

Clive and Aunt Kim checking out the neighbors decorations

Then back to Ben and Kori's for the next few days

They have a pretty fantastic park in Frisco and the boys went to town.
 

Friday night I mentioned to Jake that we should try to go to the Texas Legends basketball game. They are the D-League team for the Mavs and are based in Frisco. Before I knew it we were sitting at a table court side and I was seconds away from meeting my childhood basketball hero. Pretty much ever since I started playing basketball in the Little Dribblers throughout high school and even in college and NYC inter-mural games I was always one of the smallest girls playing. Spud was a 5'7 point guard who played for the NBA. As long as I remember loving basketball, I loved watching Spud play and I thought he was the baddest dude ever! I would beg my dad to take me to the Rockets games whenever they were playing the Hawks or Kings so I could go cheer Spud on. Spud also had me convinced I could dunk in HS. I practiced and practiced on my vertical and finally came to the realization that I'm a 5'5 white girl that would probably only be able to touch the bottom of the net. :) Anywho...I could go on all day, but long story short I got to meet and chat with him for a bit at the game (Spud is the President of the Legends). 
Thank you Dean and Ben for making that happen for me!!! eeek!!

The Legends game is not only a chance to see some good basketball, but also a really fun environment for the kiddos. At each end of the court they have a kids zone...our boys were 500 mph. all over the place, but had so much fun!

Clive loved Dunker and almost followed him onto the court to get another hug!
If you are unfamiliar with the skills of Spud Webb here is just a tidbit of how ridiculous he is!

1986 Slam Dunk Contest

Then back to Austin for the rest of the weekend. Zoo on Sunday. Shorts and flip flops on this 73 degree November day.

 Jack had to count every last nugget of food and while that was happening I thought these poor goats were about to freak and chew through the gates.

 These big dudes definitely look like they don't miss a meal, however I saw this tiger take a giant leap over another tiger and it was terrifying and totally impressive all at the same time. They are HUGE!!

No comments