Good Friday Jack was home from school, so his buddy Nico came over for the day.
They made pizzas, dyed eggs and played a lot!
Then of course little brother wanted to dye eggs too. It was funny though...Clive didn't quite get it, he kind of thought we were going to murder some eggs. On our way home from school I asked him if he wanted to dye eggs and explained to him what that meant and he said no way! So we get home and he sees all of Jacks colorful eggs and said "mom yes I want to, I told you I want to", but then keeps on playing. Finally while we are getting ready for dinner he said, "ok mom I'm ready to kill some eggs!"
This year we signed the boys up for the Austin Zoo egg hunt and were pretty excited about it. Jack was meeting up some new friends as he likes to say!
On Friday Clive's school had an egg hunt and he only got 1 egg. I went to pick him up and he came running to me with a quivering chin so sad he only got one egg. So it looks like I'm shoving him around in all of these pictures which I kind of had to because our sweet little Clive is SO DANG SHY! He needed a little help getting the nerve to run up and grab his own eggs.
The zoo hunt was a lot of fun and they were totally prepared for all the kids to get lots of eggs so the boys were pretty excited about their loot!
I say that Clive is so shy, but he brought one of his dyed eggs to the hunt so he could show the Easter Bunny....he was so excited to show him, but again needed a little mom boost :)
The best part about the zoo hunt is getting to hang out at the zoo afterwards
After the zoo we headed to Stanley's farmhouse pizza for beers and lunch!
The boys decided it was warm enough for the pool once we got home
Sunday morning the Easter Bunny came and the boys had another egg hunt in the front yard
If at first you don't succeed try and try again!
Even though the egg hunts are fun, we talked a lot this weekend about what Easter meant and about Jesus. Then told the boys we were going to church to celebrate...then Jack said "oh man, church? thats where we stand up then sit down, then stand up then sit down...ugh!" haha!
One fun tradition our church does is a butterfly release to represent Jesus' resurrection.
A quick romp on the capital grounds
Then to brunch and then we picked up Lucy and headed to Aunt Jenny's condo



No comments