I'm finally getting to our Scotland trip!! There were so many pictures it was a little intimidating...so I plan to do a cliffs notes post per location. First up Edinburgh!
We flew a red eye to London then another short flight to Edinburgh. The boys did great and they were super excited about meeting up with Phillip and Braden.
To get on schedule when we got to Edinburgh we just stayed up until bedtime in there. Well I took a quick nap/deep sleep while Jacob went to the grocery store and Clive then almost broke his arm jumping on the bed...but we survived!
After dinner we headed to see the Edinburgh Military Tattoo
As soon as we got there Clive decided it was bedtime and didn't wake up until the fireworks!
Since Clive was awake, after the performance we took him to the medic tent to make sure his arm wasn't for real broken cuz that would have sucked. This super Scottish nurse took a look and told us we were in the clear and he would just be sore for a few days.
The next day we had hop on hop off bus tickets. We were all pretty wiped and jet lagged so we didn't really get on the bus till lunch time.
Arthurs Seat
The Queens Gallery
We took it around the city and all the way across town to a fun beer garden for lunch.
After lunch we headed to the Ferris Wheel and pop up shops. The month of August the Fringe Festival is happening which is one of the largest Arts Festivals in the world. There are shows, performances and lots to do all over the city!
After we broke off on our own for a bit. Our crew headed to the pop up shops for ice cream and a gin cocktail.
Scotland is not only known for it's scotch, but also gin...and thank goodness cuz gin is my jam! Edinburgh Gin is delicious and they had pop up bars all over the city. They give you a passport and every stop you find they stamp your card. We found two!
That night Spencer and Jennifer watched the boys while Jacob and I got a date night and apparently we enjoyed it so much we forgot to take any pictures!
The next day we had a driver, Jimmy, take us to some beautiful castles.
First stop Linlithgow Palace
Then Stirling Castle
Jimmy bought the boys ice cream which they were pretty excited about!
Then the last stop was a castle that was about to close so we didn't make it inside cuz people actually live there, but got to tour the beautiful grounds.
Then we made a quick stop at Hogwarts - yes Harry Potter!
I really wanted to have a traditional Sunday Roast while in Scotland so I made us reservations at a great pub & restaurant where the queen stops in for a drink while she is in town. Apparently the queen is quite a drinker!
As a bonus the restaurant has a skittles alley so I booked us for some play after dinner. Skittles is a old school bowling game with a small wooden ball and 10 pins. You have to set the pins up after they are knocked down so we had teams on each end to set them up and roll the balls back down. It was a great time and a wonderful way to have some loud fun!!
We decided to walk home which was about a 15 min walk. The boys were pooped so someone flagged down a cab and in Grandma Judy and the boys went. Full of kids I was worried they would be a handful, but instead the cab driver started singing Barry Manailow's Mandy and I think freaked all of them out...they were totally silent the entire ride home. HA!
Our last night in Edinburgh we had a girls night and went to a Speakeasy. It was a fun place...you pull up to a barber shop then the door is behind a bookcase.

We had some fun drinks, but I think the one I had in a Chinese food to-go box was probably the most unique!

We had some fun drinks, but I think the one I had in a Chinese food to-go box was probably the most unique!
Next up Dornoch!








No comments