Life with Bob
Sunday, March 6, 2011
(Jacob Post)
Kevin and Michelle left us for Hawaii this past week, so Deebo invited their dog Bob over for an extended sleepover. For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Bob, trust me when I tell you it's an experience...and a crapshoot :) Some days I'll go over and he's all excited to see me and then the next day he'll drag me around their house by my pant leg. We've kept Bob a few times now and never had a problem, so were more than happy to watch him again.
When Bob first came over on Saturday morning, he was pretty sad about being dumped off at a small apartment that was already occupied by another dog that had the small, rat category covered. It's kind of like being the 2nd redhead to a party. From what I've heard you would prefer to be the only or the first. But this is about Bob, so I digress.
So, Bob moped around for the first day and a half, but then it happened...Bob noticed the magical mirror. Stacey and I recently purchased a mirror that makes anyone who looks into it appear to be a few inches slimmer. Bob fell in love...with looking at himself. As we all know, dogs can't talk, but I can guarantee there was a "Damn I look good" phrase floating around that brain somewhere.
From that moment forward, Bob loved it here. The two dogs played together, they shared treats, they took long walks. Bob cuddled up to Stacey and shared her pillow. It was a good visit.
The only time I got Bob out of his comfort zone was on the way back from one of our walks earlier in the week. Sometimes I like to close out the walk by making Deebo run the last 50 feet or so. I tried this with Bob and he did run, but he kept looking over his shoulder every few steps. I was confused at first, but then got it. Apparently Bob Sizzle does not run unless something is chasing him.
loading..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments