Lonnie's 1st House

(Jacob Post)

Our lease is up at the end of May, which happens to coincide with Stacey's due date. Even though Stacey has been a trooper so far, I did not want to risk having a wife ready to give birth at any moment while we look for a new place, pack, and move. So, we decided we'll move into a new place May 1st and just manage two rents for a month.

We each have lived in approximately 10 different apartments/houses over the past 12 years, so we are no stranger to moving. However, there was something different this go around knowing that whatever place we choose will be the house our baby was born in and where so many memories would be made...first step, first word, first Deebo/Lonnie introduction, etc. I don't think we'll be in this place more than a year or two, but we will always refer to this as Lonnie's 1st House. When we bring him/her back to see it when they are older what will they think?

I remember the first time my Mom and Dad took me to see the house I was born in. I'm sure it was a lovely house at the time, but when I saw it, it had recently taken on some interesting lawn decorations...in the form of a toilet. But, there was still something pretty cool about seeing it and hearing about the time spent there even though I had no memory of it.

With all of that in mind, Stacey and I have been looking for a house to rent over the past few weeks. We spent about 7 hours in the car last Sunday just driving around different neighborhoods looking for rentals. The last house we saw was a nice looking old house in a historic neighborhood in Southeast Dallas. We looked at a few more places during the week, but quickly realized that last house we saw on Sunday was the one. After a few days of haggling and email stalking, Stacey and I went in and signed the lease today. Here are a couple of pics!




3 comments

  1. So cute!!! Lonnie is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the house. What a great FIRST for Lonnie! I can't believe you weren't impressed by the toilet planter your dad and I put in the yard! JUST KIDDING....it was a precious (TINY) house when we lived there...newly painted, iris in the yard,the only one that we visited before Benjamin was born that did not make me want to throw up......literally! HAHAHHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh, I love the house and am so happy for you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete