Jake and I did a little DIY'ing this weekend and put together some things for the baby room. We bought this fun mirror at Lowe's, but it only came in black. Since Lonnie's room is a mix of blues, white, gray and accents of orange...the black didn't really fit. I can't pretend that I researched and found this amazing mirror on my own. I totally stole the idea from one of my favorite blogs www.younghouselove.com. And they gave us the idea that we could paint it white. It looks so good now!
Our other project was this wood storage bin that we have been using as an ottoman ever since our New York days. Since we are going to get a new couch in a couple weeks we are planning on making a new ottoman from another DIY project on YHL that I want to do. http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/07/lets-build-it-karas-amazing-diy-ottoman/. Anywho, we decided the storage bin would be a great addition to the baby room and I'm sure the storage will be much needed in there. We found the perfect teal fabric and recovered the top then painted the wood from brown to white. It's really cute!
Here are some pics from our projects below. I think we did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. :) I hope the new ottoman project also goes as smoothly. hehe!
Jake diligently painting the mirror
Finished Mirror
Wooden storage bin before
Painting and Re-covering
Finished
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You two are SO creative. I can't wait to see the finished house/nursery!!
ReplyDeleteThe ottoman is adorable! You did such a good job :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE it!!
ReplyDelete