Jack-
I meant to write this post when you hit one month, but you tend to decide your hungry or need to be held every time mom gets on the computer. Now that we are in Austin and I have lots of extra hands, I finally have time to tell you about your birthday.
Where to begin. First and foremost...only you, God and Dr. Blewett knew that Jake and I were going to soon be the parents of a little boy. We decided to make everyone wait it out a long 10 months with us until we found out. Your dad and I were convinced you were going to be a girl. Maybe it was because everyone kept telling us how high I was carrying you, which according to old wives tales means "it's a girl". Well we can officially nix that tale. Your Uncle Ben and Aunt Kori were confident you would be a boy. Your cousin Rhone is going to need another Pearson-sized dude to be able to rough house with. Aunt Jenny and Grandma Edith kept asking when the "little girl" was going to arrive. And I know we made Aunt Angela and Honey crazy just by not knowing. Not that we wouldn't have loved to have a baby girl, but luckily for all three of us, I think you being a boy probably turned out for the best. Your dad is an amazing guy and your going to want to be JUST like him. And I'm not all that great of a girly girl myself. Plus my mad ball handling skillz and love for baseball might be less interesting to a sweet little girl.
For 10 months you were a fabulous in-utero baby. I hardly got sick and you were pretty chill in my stomach. So chill that when 40 weeks came around you were in no rush to come outside and meet us. But I was pretty ready to be able to get out of bed without a boost and bend over to tie my own shoes again without assistance. Once the final month came and went Dr. Blewett sent us in for some tests and decided that it was time to induce. June 2nd at 6am your dad and I were at the hospital anxious to finally meet you. We walked into the labor and delivery doors with my ridiculously giant belly and the lady at the front desk asks "How can I help you?" Seriously? We are at Labor and Delivery at 6am and my stomach looks like the Hindenburg? Jake and I just looked at each other and said "We would like to have a baby please". The rest of your family came in just a few hours behind us and patiently waited in the waiting room with lots of books and snacks just in case they were in for the long haul.
Jake and I went back to the delivery room and the nurse got me all hooked up and ready to go. Once I got my epidural at around 11:30 pm things started moving along pretty quickly. Nurse Annie was pumped that she was going to be able to take her lunch break that day. You on the other hand had different plans. About four hours later you finally arrived. I heard Dr. Blewett say "woah woah woah" when you came out. Either you were super wiggly or bigger than she had guesstimated. Dad said "It's a boy", but I was too anxious to hear your little cry that I missed hearing him say it. It seemed like forever before you made a peep. Finally you started to scream your lungs out and things got crazy. They took you over to the warming table to clean you up a bit and get your stats. You hated every second of it. Finally you started to settle down a bit and I then remembered I forgot to ask what we got?? All our friends were anxiously awaiting to hear all about you. We informed everyone of your arrival via text, but made them sweat it out a little longer before we told them if you were a boy or girl. In the waiting room both our families were lined up peeking out the hospital doors waiting for Jake's big announcement.
You can't really hear it, but he said something along the lines of "we got a little boy", and the crowd went wild.
The birth of a child really is a miracle and you are ours. We couldn't be happier or more proud. Now just don't do anything to embarrass us. We hope you'll be happy with us as well...just to make sure, here are some visual examples of the awesome genes we have blessed you with. You can thank us later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I almost cried reading this Stacey! And watching the video of the announcement! So happy for you guys.
ReplyDelete-Lisa & Ben
Thanks Lisa! He is pretty awesome. Hope your little man is treating you well...he is adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome. You guys are the best, and I couldn't be happier for you!! And Jake, those dancing skills, I have no words... :)
ReplyDelete