A few weekends ago I had a girls trip to Sedona planned with my friends from high school. We all flew into PHX to meet Brooke who lives there then drove about 2 hours to Sedona.
Our main goal for the trip was to get together and have fun obviously...and hike!
The first one we did was a nice easy hike along a stream. It's so pretty there!
Brooke, Jeannette, Monica & Me
Our second hike was no joke. It was a mile to the trail head then a 4 hour round trip hike to the top and back. It was beautiful and worth it!
When you get to the top there is a cliff/bridge that you can walk out on and take pictures. It was pretty wide at the beginning then gets to about a sidewalk width as you get further out and 70+ foot drops on either side. The wind blows hard enough on this thing and you are a goner! It's not called Devils Bridge for nothin'!
Brooke and Monica weren't scared and all and got right in line. Jeannette was on picture duty and I was on not look or else I'll puke duty!
Finally it was our turn and there was even a sloped side with a drop you had to walk across to even get over there. I just stayed as close to the ground as possible and might have gotten laughed at a little, but whatever!
We decided once we got to the front of the line when it was our turn to keep the line waay to the back just in case we didn't make it too far out on the ledge that it at least looked liked we walked a long way. Oh and I made Jeannette hold my hand...apparently I'm super scared of heights.
Jeannette was pretty cool as a cucumber walking out there and then when we stopped to take our picture that girl locked on tight. Ha! I think our knees buckled a little too.
After we walked down a bit and found a fun place to set up lunch
Some guy practically hung off the edge to get this picture and scared his own wife and a couple of us half to death. I mean it's a good picture, but not sure it was worth it.
That night I made us reservations at this gorgeous restaurant with open outdoor seating right next to the beautiful red rocks. Unfortunately I made our reservations at 8p when it was totally dark and you couldn't see a thing. Ha...whoops!
The next morning we stopped by this beautiful catholic church in the red rocks that also overlooked Oprah's house so we could stalk her real quick.
It was a perfect girls getaway and we had a great time!!

No comments